Saturday, February 7, 2009

Soap in the Likeness of Fine Art Paintings

Ok, so doing this isn't on today's agenda. Who cares!

Several of my soaps are for sale to the public at The Studio Experience, the fine art studio where my mother is a partner. For about a year, we have been batting around ideas about how to bring her paintings to life in my soap. I'm still working out the details, but I should be ready to start testing after I move into my new studio. We are still picking out some pieces that would be good starting points, but the below painting is one I would like to try after I get better at it. I'll post pics on this over the next few months. How cool would that be to have this in your bathroom or to give away as gifts or party favors? By the way, this picture doesn't do the original painting justice. In person, it's vibrant and has great energy. I hope she never sells this one. I want it in my house!

No comments:

Post a Comment