Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Vacation and New Soaps

I'm heading out on vacation for a few days but I wanted to post pics of my two newest soaps that currently reside in the Curing House and an experiment that I think will turn out pretty groovy.

The oatmeal soap is called Avena, which means oatmeal in Italian. And the plain, white-ish one is named Bianca, which means white in Italian. Both soaps are vegan - made with all vegetable oils and no animal products. The only addition is the oatmeal in Avena. Bianca is uncolored and unscented.



































I had some Bianca left over so I poured the remainder into a slab-type mold and let it set up a bit, then poured hot, scented, and colored glycerin. It's scented with jasmine and sweet orange eo. It looks really cool and I can't wait to experiment more with this. I will when I get back from vacation.

2 comments:

  1. I love your oatmeal soap and I want some. Can't wait to buy it when it is cured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you - I already have three huge bars set aside for you!

    ReplyDelete